lördag 25 november 2017

A Woman’s Voice: Listen

“If she got really quiet and listened, new parts of her wanted to speak.” ~ SARK, Succulent Wild Woman

For four weeks, I have been alone while house sitting in Seattle. I am in a beautiful location with two adorable kitties and I am resting and contemplating the next steps in my personal and professional life. Some days my mind is grasping for answers to do or be something, to push the river so I can set goals to make something happen now. Design a new program. Write a book. Promote my coaching business. On those, “push the river days”, I want to see the whole plan for 2018. I judge myself for not knowing the next steps. I want my schedule all laid out in a series of calendars on the wall. I want to set goals and decide with my mind. I feel agitated and impatient.


On other days, I surrender and stay focused in the present moment. In meditation, I ask God to show me my mission for today. I ask for insight and guidance and I take baby steps all day. A coaching call on Zoom. Attend a yoga class. Sip a hot cup of coffee and daydream while watching birds flying in nature. Cook delicious food for my body. Slow down to eat it. Facetime with one of my three adult daughters and my young granddaughter. I sit in silence with patience and I wait.
This is not the first time I have been guided to “wait”. In 2010, I spent a year writing and listening and daydreaming and studying. After a year of writing 70 articles, hosting a series of 44 radio shows on Transforming Grief, the answers came when I heard the words Heal My Voice. I started a non-profit, designed a program, enrolled twenty women in the first nine-month program and the rest is history.


It’s been seven years since I heard the words Heal My Voice on a daydreaming with God walk in nature. Seven years. 10 community circles with 10 books filled with 200 rich, powerful stories of trauma, loss, grief, awakening and triumph written by women around the world. Women who had the courage to immerse themselves in vulnerability, personal power, and hope.
After seven years, the doors to the 9-month program are closed. The ending was all beautifully orchestrated by Divine Intelligence, by God and now I wait for my next assignment, my next heart calling.
If you find yourself in a place of ending with no clear beginning, here are a few key practices:


  1. Daydream: Give yourself time to wander. Look out the window at nature. Contemplate a tree. A bird. The sky. Be quiet and listen.
  2. Notice: Carry a small notebook with you and write a few words when something crosses your path or gets your attention. A song, a conversation, a billboard, or seeing an old friend. Become a detective and write things in your notebook without needing to figure out the clues for now.
  3. Be empty: Keep open space on your calendar
  4. Ground yourself: Put a few things on the calendar. Yoga class. Grocery store. Write in a coffee shop. Dinner with a friend.
  5. Do something creative. Write, draw, make music, cook. Awaken your creative self.
  6. Take inspired action. A nap. A walk. A call to a colleague.
  7. Be gentle with yourself. Practice self-care and self-love
  8. Enjoy the process


Listen to your heart and wait…


Andrea Hylen believes in the power of a woman’s voice to usher in a new world. She is the founder of Heal My Voice, a Writing and Transition Coach and Orgasmic Meditation teacher. Andrea has discovered her unique gifts while parenting three daughters and learning to live life fully after the deaths of her brother, son and husband. She travels around the world speaking, teaching, leading workshops and collaborating with women and men. Her passion is authentically designing and living life and supporting others in doing the same. 
To connect with Andrea and learn about current projects go to: 
www.andreahylen.com and www.healmyvoice.org.

Inga kommentarer: