torsdag 19 oktober 2017

Woman of the Day, Oct 19: Marijane Thompson

Please Join me in Celebrating The Women Of the 10th Heal My Voice Book: Innovative Voices: True Stories By Women Awakening A New World.


Meet Marijane Thompson,

Engaged in Home Schooling through E-learning at Connections Academy. She is also a Certified Zentangle® Teacher, a storyteller and co-author of Inspired Voices. In Innovative Voices she has been a space holder for the women authors. Book release on October 27 on Amazon.



"Each night I am there, as I lay on the old narrow sleeper sofa, my brain attempts to relax and to temporarily release thoughts of all the tasks that need attention. I wonder what her life has been about…. what legacy does she feel she is leaving behind? I know that her family – mother, sisters, husband, children and grandchildren have been the joys of her life – people in general have been what is important. She has been kind, supportive and compassionate, and loves to show people that she cares. Last week when she was in the ER for a blood pressure issue, she asked the name of everyone who showed up to help her – and remembered them. “Oh, your name is Agnes? I went to school with Agnes Doyle; you don’t hear that name much today!” And when I wheeled her out, she was elated to see Agnes to say goodbye, and it was obvious that small gesture made Agnes’ day. Everyone enjoys her and remarks how she does not seem to portray her age. 
She tells me that she tries not to think about dying. Some days she wishes she would pass in her sleep…. she is so weary, and still misses my dad. Yet in the next moment, she will tell me how wonderful it felt to have her aide wash her hair, and that she is so glad her new blood pressure meds have taken away the full feeling in her head. It is all Wonder… feeling good with the simple things. 
And that is how I want to live the rest of my life… seeing the obvious Wonder that is always there if I just look past what I think is real. To simply embody the Wonder… to hold the feeling throughout my being and when the trials of my life want to pull me down… to take a breath – smile – and allow the Wonder to pop through into my field. It becomes easier and easier." Marijane Thompson
Read the whole story on Heal My Voice Blog: Becoming An Expression of Wonder  


BLOGTALKRADIO:

Listen to the radio show with Marijane and Andrea Hylen from 2013 about the power of a person's presence, and holding space for wonder.



CONNECT WITH MARIJANE:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/marijane-thompson


--------------------


BOOK ON AMAZON ON OCT 27


www.healmyvoice.org
www.healmyvoicesweden.com

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK:


www.facebook.com/HealMyVoice/

www.facebook.com/Innovative-Voices-True-Stories-by-Women-Awakening-a-New-World-132407110684742/

Inga kommentarer: